February 9–March 24, 2019
Opening Day tickets are available at the Autry on Saturday, February 9 (Opening Day).
Please stop by the registration tables in front of the museum to purchase. Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted.
The country’s premier Western art show, the Masters of the American West Art Exhibition and Sale features paintings and sculptures by 64 contemporary, nationally recognized artists. New artists for the 2019 Masters include Eric Bowman, G. Russell Case, and Howard Post, as well as returning artists Nicholas Coleman, Dennis Doheny, and Tim Solliday. Proceeds from Masters support the Autry’s many educational and community outreach programs.
OPENING WEEKEND EVENTS
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8
6:00 p.m. Artists’ Dinner and Exhibition Preview
Exclusive Benefit for Masters Sponsors
Although the exhibition is open to the public, the following events are exclusively for Masters ticket holders. Tickets may be purchased at the Autry on Saturday, February 9 (Opening Day). For more information, please call 323.495.4391.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9 | OPENING DAY
Daytime-Only Tickets: $95 Members / $170 Nonmembers
All-Day Tickets: $195 Members / $270 Nonmembers
- 10:00 a.m. Museum Opens.
- 10:30 a.m. Presentation by Masters Sculptor, Sandy Scott: Wildlife Sculpture—A Life Afield and in the Studio.
- 12:00 p.m. Chuck Wagon Luncheon and Awards Presentation: Enjoy a barbecue buffet and have a ringside seat when the 2019 Artist Awards are announced.
- 1:15 p.m. Book signing with Logan Maxwell Hagege and Morgan Weistling in the Store.
- 2:00 p.m. Panel Discussion: Trends and Innovations in Western Art: Maria Hajic, Jim Parks, Bill Rey and Josh Rose. Moderated by Amy Scott.
- 4:00 p.m. Museum Closes.
COCKTAIL RECEPTION AND ART SALE
Included With All-Day Tickets
- 5:30 p.m. Museum Reopens.
- 6:45 p.m. Fixed price draw begins for Miniatures in the Peggy and Lowry Mays Lobby.
- 7:30 p.m. Fixed price draw begins for artworks in the George Montgomery Gallery.
- 8:15 p.m. Drawing Process Concludes.
NEW THIS YEAR! Join us in the Plaza for gourmet pizza and wine bar!
- 10:00 p.m. Event concludes.
Please see Rules of Sale for complete details. All artwork not sold at the close of the draw process are available on a first-come, first-served basis through the end of the exhibition.
See photos from the 2018 Masters opening weekend here.